Frequently Asked Questions
When will registration for the A.S.I.A. Women's Conference open?
- Registration is generally open from mid-December until a couple of weeks before conference. Click here to register.
Who is the A.S.I.A Women's Conference for?
- The A.S.I.A. Women's Conference is designed for English speaking women ages 18 and over who currently reside in the Asia Area of the Church. Please note that the conference general sessions, classes and activities are presented in English.
Can I bring my infant or child to the conference?
- We regret that children and toddlers cannot be accommodated. Mothers with nursing babies are the only exception.
How much does the conference cost? When do I pay?
- The conference fee is 1,000 NT$ (equivalent to about $30 USD). Payment will be accepted in TWD Dollars only at check-in, starting on Thursday evening at 5 pm.
- The fee includes the cost of lunch on Friday and a light lunch on Saturday.
- The fee is waved for full-time missionaries. We hope this allows more of our faithful missionary sisters to attend.
- If the conference fee is a hindrance to your being able to attend, please contact the conference committee directly and we can assist you.
I will only be coming to some of the conference, can I pay a partial fee?
- Those attending all or only part of the conference should plan to pay the full registration fee. We are unable to pro-rate the fees for individual schedule conflicts.
- The exception to this is the closing session Saturday morning, which is open without cost to any who are able to attend.
What should I wear?
- The dress code for this 3 day conference is dressy casual- but no denim pants please. Please note that dresses are still the standard when attending the temple.
What about meals?
- Lunch will be provided on Friday and Saturday. For other meals, a wide variety of restaurants are located within walking distance of the Church Administration Building. See the Travel Tips link on this site for a few suggestions.
When can I attend the temple?
- The conference schedule is open on Friday evening to allow participants to attend the temple. The temple is across from the chapel where the conference is held. Sisters who wish to attend the temple more than once should plan to arrive earlier on Thursday when there are several session times available. See the Temple page on this site for more information.
Are there group rates available at local hotels for the conference?
- We have not been able to establish group rates at any of the hotels near the church. Participants are responsible for their own accommodation during the conference. See the accommodation page for suggestions and helpful tips.